Monday 24 January 2011

Font.


This is the font I have chosen to use for my band name. I have decided to use this particular font over the others as I believe this font fitted best with the punk rock/pop punk genre of the band. The black colouring in a convetion of punk as black, green and red are typical punk colours. Another reason why I have chosen to use this font is that it is similar to three big pop punk bands that inpire me, Good Charlotte, Green Day and Blink-182.

Punk band text fonts typically look trashed and battered so I have decided to stick to this convention by having my text looking trashed. The leaking ink from the letters I believe give the text a more punky feel to it as it links in well with the black of the text. This also helps make the text look more punk-like. There are parts missing from the text aswell which also helps make the text look matured and battered. A band text I tried to emulate is Blink-182's. I have tried to copy this text as it looks like stereotypically punk-like.




This is the font that Blink-182. Have used to present their band name. The font of the text I believe follows the conventions of punk style as it is black which is a common colour within punk style. The battered effect of the text also follows the conventions of punk stylistic features as it gives the audience the impression that the text has been old and is worn down. Punk style is stereotypically seen to include dark colours such as reds, black and greens so the black colouring of Blink's logo follows these conventions.

Blink-182's name font is a good font to try to emulate as Blink are one of the most popular pop punk bands in the modern age so they are a great example of a punk icon to inspire my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment