Thursday 6 January 2011

My record label - Broken Records.

I have decided to create a record label to which my band, Lifelong Controversy, will be signed up to. I have decided to name my record label Broken Records.




I dediced to base my record labels logo on a vinyl as the vinyl record is a common piece of iconography associated with the music industry. The vinyl record, also known as a gramophone or a phonography record, gained popularity by the 20th Century and is still popular today, selling nearly 3 million units in 2008. However, digital media has become more popular in the 21st century as it has gained a larger share in the music market which effectively pushed vinyl records out of mainstream. Ever since it's creation the vinyl record has become an icon within the music industry and that is why I have decided to use it as my logo as people will know that the vinyl was and still is a largely well known musical creation.


I decided to include the letters 'B' and 'R' within the broken shards of the vinyl as they are the initials of the name of the record label, Broken Records. As I have decided to call the label Broken Record's so I have decided to have the image of the vinyl record broken in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment