Friday 3 December 2010

Main cast member - Ricky Boreham.


Another one of my friends, Ricky Boreham, has taken a role as one of the band members for my music video. Ricky's role within Lifelong Controversy will be the bassist of the band. I have chosen Ricky to be one of the central characters of my music video as he owns a Bass guitar and has learnt how to play the instrument. However, the actors within my video will not be playing their instruments whilst filming, it will be mimed. Ricky's knowledge of how to play bass will be helpful as he will understand the movements and style in which bassist follow. I believe would produce a good performance as a bassist for my video.

There are different types of bass instrument such as bass guitar, keyboard bass and double bass. The bass line is produced from the bass player, by playing an electric bass guitar. The bass line is the rhythm pulse of the song.

Ricky's costume for my music video will be a similar style to Mark Hoppus', the bassist from Blink-182. I have asked Ricky to follow Mark's style of costume for my particular music video as Blink-182 belong to the same genre of music as Good Charlotte are. Blink-182 are an ideal group to copy the style from as they are one of the most recognised bands of the modern generation. I chose to base Ricky's costume on the same style Blink-182 fashion as Ricky's own personal style is based on theirs and Blink-182 are his favourite band so their style is ideal to base Ricky's costume on.


















Mark Hoppus and Tom DeLonge formed Blink-182 with Travis Barker joining 1998 taking over from original drummer Scott Raynor. Blink-182 have produced 5 albums since they formed and a sixth album is currently in the works. These albums are Cheshire Cat, Dude Ranch, Enema of the State, Take off you pants and jacket and the self titled Blink-182. Blink-182 have sold over 25 million albums worldwide.Their most recognised songs include "The Rock Show", "What's my age again?", "All the small things" and "I miss you". In 2005 Tom left the group and formed Angels & Airwaves. However, Mark and Travis continued to stay together and formed +44. The trio reunited 4 years later in February 2009 as a result of Barker's near death experience in a plane crash.

Here is an example of a Blink-182 track. "Adam's song" is from the album Enema of the State and is one of their most popular tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment