Friday 3 December 2010

Main cast member - Aaron Hill.


I have asked one of my friends, Aaron, to be a part of my music video which I will produce for my A2 Media coursework. Aaron's role in the music video will be to be the lead guitarist for my original band, Lifelong Controversy. The reason I have chosen Aaron as the lead guitarist for my video is because he knows how to play guitar and he owns an electric guitar himself. This will be a positive as I will then not have to supply the instrument for him to pretend to play during the filming of my music video.

The lead guitarist typically plays the melodies and solos of the song. The lead guitarist of a band is usually supported by a secondary guitarist, also known as a rhythm guitarist. The lead guitarist uses a lot of chords and rifts which are often accompanied by a distorted effect. The two guitarists may pair together to form a guitar tandem and share the lead and rhythm roles during the song which creates a dual lead/dual rhythm guitar role.

Aaron's costume in my music video will be similar to that of Benjamin Kowalewicz, the leader singer from Billy Talent. Billy Talent are a punk rock band who formed in 1993. Billy Talent belong to the same genre of music that Good Charlotte and Blink-182 belong too. Benjamin usually wears a dark coloured t-shirt (usually black) and skinny jeans. This is similar to Aaron's style of clothing as he usually wears dark coloured clothing accompanied with skinny jeans. I have asked Aaron to dress in this particular way because Billy Talent are a popular punk rock band of our generation so their style is ideal to copy for my music video. Billy Talent are Aaron's favourite band so he can help recreate their style in his own particular costume as he understands the what their particular style is.














Billy Talent are a Canadian band formed in 1993 under the name of Pezz. The band consists of lead vocalist Ben Kowalewicz, Lead guitarist and backing vocalist Ian D'Sa, Bassist Jon Gallant and drummer Aaron Solowoniuk. Due to legal trouble, Pezz was renamed Billy Talent. Pezz released their only album, Watoosh !, in 1993. Since then Billy Talent have released three albums, Billy Talent, Billy Talent II and Billy Talent III.

Here is an example of a Billy Talent track. "Red flag" by Billy Talent is a perfect example of the band's style of music "Red flag" is one of their most popular and recognised tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment