Friday 3 December 2010

Main cast member.



My role in my music video is to be the lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist. I have chosen myself to play a particular part in my music video as I know the lyrics to the track I am producing a video for perfectly. This is important as if I chose someone to play the lead vocalist role who didn't know the words may produce a poor quality mime. I also have access to a guitar so I could easily mime play a guitar. The lead vocalist, also known as the front man or front woman, of a band is the member of the band who sings the main vocal parts of a song. Lead vocalists sometimes have dual roles and play and instrument as well as singing. Bands such as The Beatles, Blink-182 and System of a down have more than one main vocalist. Rhythm guitar is used to provide a rhythmical pulse throughout a song. Rhythm guitarists aim to create a strong rhythmic and chordal sound which is different to a lead guitarist who aims to produce a high-pitched melody. My costume for my music video will be based on Billie Joe Armstrong's style, lead vocalist and lead guitarist from Green Day, American punk rock band. I have decided to base my costume on Billie Joe's costume as his band, Green Day, are an iconic punk rock band. My costume will consist of a formal shirt with a thin tie accompanied by black skinny jeans and boots which is common costume which Billie wears. My costume will not break any conventions of punk rock/pop punk genre as the items of clothing included within my costume will follow the punk style. Green Day was formed in 1987. Green Day have sold over 24 million records in the US alone and have sold over 65 million records Worldwide. Green Day have sold over 24 million records in the US alone and have sold over 65 million Worldwide. They have won Grammy awards for Record of the year for "Boulevard of Broken Dreams", two best rock album awards for American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown and best alternative album for Dookie. Here is an example of a Green Day track from their seventh album American Idiot which was released in 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment