Friday 8 April 2011

2nd filming session.

My target for my second filming session was to complete all the shots of the band playing with their instruments. I believe during my filming session I managed to complete this target. The location was an important factor in my filming. I wanted the band to be playing the song inside a garage. I wanted this to be my main location setting as a garage is a typical location for bands to play in. An example of this is Busted. Busted's single from their debut album, 'sleeping with the light on' is partcially set within a garage. I wanted to emulate this by filming within a garage. So I used my garage as the main set. This session was intended so I could get all of my band shots done. I got number shots including long shots, close ups, medium shots, hand-held camera shots and more. I asked Dave, camera operator, to get these shots as they are commonly used within music videos. I dictated to Dave what shots I wanted for my video but then allowed some freedom by saying to my cast members and my camera operator that if they had any creative thoughts, voice them so that I could use them within my video. I filmed the band constantly 3 times whilst the song was playing in the background so that I could later cut up the sequence and include the shots I wanted. These three constant shots were all medium shots but with the band members acting differently within them. One I particularly liked was when I decided to have the band members change instruments and positions in order to add comedy to the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment