Tuesday 5 April 2011

Logo.

This is the logo which I am currently using for Lifelong Controversy. I decided to use a spider as the image as spiders are typically seen as a a symbol of fear and patience throughout history and they are commonly used as an emblem within punk culture. For example, pop punk band My Chemical Romance have a spider as their logo for their latest album 'Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys' which was released on November 22nd, 2010. MCR's spider logo was the inspiration for my logo for Lifelong Controversy.
The image below is MCR's current logo:

In order to persue my idea of having a spider as the logo, I first had to find an image of a spider. I did this by simply typing "Spider drawings" into http://www.google.com/ and looking through the pages until I found an image of a spider that I liked, which was this one: http://insepia.net/wp-content/uploads/drawing_spider.jpg. I then saved the image, rotated it anti-clockwise twice and opened it into photoshop.


When in photoshop I cropped the image of the spider to the size which I wanted and then began to play with the different effects which are avaliable on photoshop. In order to find the effects I had to use the filter too and then click on a specfic section. The particular effect that I used was the crosshatch effect which can be found by clicking on filter at the top of the photoshop screen then clicking on brush strokes and then clicking on crosshatch.


No comments:

Post a Comment